It’s the end of your 40th week and it’s your first night home from the hospital; apart from stating a million reasons that contributes to your worries, your baby’s sleep is one of them.
A newly minted mother can be an amusing feat to witness, especially if her baby hasn’t slept through the night. Some of the common reasons that interrupt a baby’s sleep are hunger, wet diapers, diaper rashes, colic, teething, cold and allergies. However, one of the most overlooked yet effective solutions to this is their clothing.
Having said that, not just any piece of clothing does the trick. Genuine natural fabrics are your and your baby’s best-kept night secret.
So, let’s delve into some of these secrets right away!
- Tip 1 – Dress your baby in natural materials
Organic materials like bamboo & muslin prevents your baby from overheating and sweating. Owing to their light weight and feathery soft touch, these cotton fabrics reward you and your baby with a sweet slumber & dreams.
- Tip 2 – Swaddle them for a secure sleep at night.
Versatile muslin swaddles are age-old method that helps babies sleep on their back through the night. Picking a light, stretchy and breathable swaddle blanket will ensure that your baby is not feeling suffocated under it. Hence, it’s always a wise choice to opt for muslin swaddle blankets, made with bamboo viscose fiber that offers you both sustainability and security.
- Tip 3 – Clear their crib for a safe sleep.
This sounds a bit odd but it’s worth a mention. It’s only natural to see your baby surrounded with her soft cuddly toys while sleeping but really, they are breathing all dust and allergies breeding on those toys! Not only that, having too many toys restricts your baby to efficiently utilize her bedspace.
- Tip 4 – Breathable crib bedding for safe and sound snoozing.
Your baby’s skin is prone to sweat, bacteria, allergies, and rashes when it meets the wrong fabric. Organically sourced bamboo when blended with cotton creates a fabric-blend that is not only highly absorbent in nature but also antibacterial and hypoallergenic. While choosing your baby’s bed linens, one should take these factors into account to offer them optimal sleep and comfort.
- Tip 5 – Tuck them under a soft muslin blanket.
Offering superior quality softness and comfort, organic and sustainable bamboo muslin blankets are here to stay. Its ‘breathable’ characteristic makes it a much safer choice than the fleecy type.
ADDITIONAL BABY SLEEP TIPS
In addition to clothing and bedding here are few more ways to ensure your baby sleeps like a log all night long.
- Ideal sleeping temperature of your baby’s room should be set to 20-22 degrees Celsius.
- Share your room with your baby for at least up to 6 months old.
- Never fall asleep with your baby on your chest whilst sitting on a sofa or armchair.
- Create a perfect sleeping environment for your baby with the help of lights and sound.
- Choose a soft yet firm mattress for your toddler, made from natural materials, to help them settle well inside their cribs.
So without rambling any further excuses, simply start following all the tips mentioned above and alleviate your worries related to your toddler’s sleep and comfort, at night.